I teach because I love it! Teaching allows me to combine my love of people and my passion for painting. I offer painting classes several times a year when my schedule permits. Most sessions are held in my rooftop studio in East Vancouver, and I sometimes offer them on Zoom (let’s get digital). The sessions are typically one class per week in four to six week blocks. Sometimes you’ll find me out and about giving demos and artist talks, or teaching weekend or multi-day intensives in my studio or further abroad.
Choose Your Own Adventure
Abstract Painting Classes
I teach in a variety of ways:
- In-person classes in my studio (5 students max)
- Online classes
- Custom workshops and demos
- Private and semi-private lessons
- Art mentorship
In general, I offer three main types of classes:
- Colouring Outside the Lines – Designed for students at the beginning of their abstract painting adventures
- The Joy of Acrylics – For students with some abstract painting experience
- Fall in Love with Abstraction – For more experienced abstract painters
Want to be the first to know when new courses become available? Pop me an email and I’ll add you to the teaching newsletter.
Have other ideas of how we can work together? Interested in a custom workshop? Send an email my way and let’s see what we can dream up.
- Group classes at my studio: $30/hr per student
- Semi-private (2 students): $120/hr ($60/per student)
- Private classes: $85/hr
- Mentorship (in person or on zoom): $85/hr, $50/30min
Materials to be provided by students – a list will be emailed after registration.
- Full day (6 hrs): $675
- Half day (3 hours): $350
- For classes outside of Vancouver, travel expenses are extra.
Workshops and Out of Town Classes
50% deposit one month prior to the event with the remainder, including travel fees, due at the start of the first day (credit card, cheque, or e-transfer). Please give 14 days notice if you wish to cancel and you will receive a refund of your deposit minus $150 admin fee. If you cancel the event within 14 days, a fee of 25% of total event value is due.
Cancellation Policy for regularly scheduled and private classes
For full refund minus a $25 admin fee, please give fourteen days notice if you wish to cancel.